Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Park Avenue BBQ

I was at Jersey Mikes Subs in Boynton Beach, one of my favorite sub shops, and was reading a local mag while working my way thru a large Italian sub (done Mike's way) when I saw an ad for PA BBQ on Congress in Boynton Beach. They were advertising a full rack of ribs all day on Mondays for $11.95.

I just had to check it out. So the following Monday, Michelle and I hoofed it up to Hypoluxo Rd and Congress Ave to see if it was for real. We arrived just before 8:00 pm and the rush was just ending. The tables emptied quickly as the clock approached the senior witching hour.

                               Restaurant Recipes Revealed

We were greeted promptly and courteously by a young lady who certainly enjoyed her job. Drinks were ordered and delivered quickly as we conversed about the menu items. I came only for the ribs. I ordered my ribs cooked thru and with a little char on the outside, along with french fries and an ear of corn.

When the platter arrived I was shocked at the size of the rack and wondered if this was the $11.95 rack I was expecting or something more expensive. Our server set me straight as a smile came across my face. I divided the rack and Michelle immediately asked for a rib to which I obliged. The ribs were cooked perfectly and were tasty and pulled of the bone easily but not too easily. The fries and corn were both good. Michelle got a 1/2 BBQ chicken dinner for $8.99 and enjoyed it immensely.
We ordered one piece of their special cake for dessert and it was TOO delicious. Would I go back? You betcha! I've already been back since this experience and plan to be back again and again! When you go tell 'em you saw it at the White Plate Special!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...