Wednesday, April 6, 2011

La Bamba Mexican & Spanish Restaurant

Bienvenidos! Michelle & I were in the mood for some South of the Border food the other night so I suggested we stop in at La Bamba on West Atlantic Avenue in Delray Beach. I have been here many times in the past and have never had a bad meal. La Bamba is a small chain with five stores in the Broward/Palm Beach area.


It was about 8:30pm and getting a table immediately was not a problem although the place was pretty full. When I passed the "Specials of the Day" billboard I found out why: Margaritas on Monday and Tuesdays for $1.99. Wow! Can you beat that?

Once we were seated, chips and three bowls of salsa arrived stat! Two cups of mild and one of "el scorcho." Michelle ordered the La Bamba Combination which came with a chicken enchilada, a chile relleno, and a beef taco served with yellow rice and refried beans. She couldn't get over how good the enchilada tasted.

I had the Enchilada Plate which comes with two enchiladas, yellow rice, and refried beans. The enchiladas can be ordered with chicken, shredded beef, or ground beef. This time I chose the ground beef and substituted black beans for the refried but stuck with the yellow rice. I dumped the remainder of the "el scorcho" over the enchiladas to take them up a notch.

"This place has delicious food, why haven't you taken me here before?" Michelle said as we were boxing the left overs for another meal.

All I could say was hhhhhmmmm and changed the subject. But we will return to eat here again. La Bamba gets my recommendation when you have an urge for some "South of the Border" fare.  Check out http://www.whiteplatespecial.com/ for more restaurant info.
La Bamba on Urbanspoon

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...