Sunday, February 6, 2011

Bobby Rubino's Place for Ribs

Here go the rib wars! Everyone has a favorite place for baby back ribs. I love baby back ribs and I check them out at all the places I go that serve them. Lately I've had them at Bru's Room, PA BBQ, and Flanigans. But my all time favorite place for baby backs is Bobby Rubinos.

Back in the day, I frequented the Hallandale Beach Boulevard location. I usually ordered the "Steel City" rack with french fries and cole slaw.



 Bobby Rubino's also introduced me to the "Colossal Onion Ring Loaf" and then the "Zuper Zucchini Loaf."

I thought all the locations had closed up and were a thing of the past and boy was I happily surprised to find that they still had a location operating on Federal Highway in Pompano. I clipped a "buy-one-get-one-free" coupon from the paper before Michelle and I stopped in, making it very economical. Their coupons are in the newspaper constantly and don't go without one.



The food was exactly as I remembered from twenty years before. We started with a half an onion loaf as an appetizer. I ordered a standard full rack of ribs with a baked potato and coleslaw. The ribs were cooked to perfection and tasted delicious. They have the best coleslaw in town. Michelle ordered the barbeque chicken, which she loved.


We talked to the waitress who had been with the company for about twenty-five years and she brought us up to date on the company history.

Bobby Rubinos was a definite treat and with the buy-one-get-one offer from the newspaper it was super affordable. Don't go without the coupon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I used to love Bobby Rubinos in Hallandale. I have four stents to prove it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...