Saturday, January 1, 2011

Krystal

About once every six to eight months I get a craving for those tiny, one bite, mini burgers made by Krystal. Flat grilled with onions and served on a fresh steamed bun with a pickle and mustard. The closest outlet used to be just off I95 at Daytona Beach and in past years I always stopped there to savor the aroma of these little jewels and gulp down a few (if 6, 7 or 8 can be called a few.)


But I don't have too wait for that three hour trip anymore now that there is a Krystal on Sunrise in Ft. Lauderdale. I dropped in a few weeks ago after a seven month hiatus and sampled a half-dozen of these tasty burgers. They were good, but didn't satisfy me as they have in the past. The meat seemed smaller (could it be?) and greyer than before, the buns not as soft, and the dollop of mustard was replaced with a dot. The pickle seems to have survived.

                        
If you've never had them it can be a unique experience. If you have had them in the past, you are likely going to be disappointed. This place is good for a snack, but you wouldn't want dinner here!
                                                 Krystal on Urbanspoon

The best thing about these burgers is the fabulous aroma. What do you think? Tell me at http://www.whiteplatespecial.com/

2 comments:

Ivana said...

Why would anyone write a review on this place? It's horrible! Just my two cents.
Ivy

Engine Builder Deals said...

UGH!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...