Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Ruby Tuesday

Michelle found a coupon for Ruby Tuesdays and we decided to give it a try. The location on my route was next to Palm Aire near Atlantic Blvd and Powerline Rd. We pulled into an almost deserted parking lot which was understandable at this time of day, 3pm.

The restaurant appeared clean and we were walked to a table near the salad bar.

Neither of us was interested in salad so we checked out their new menu to see what all was available. The coupon required at least one of us to have an entree and then we would receive $10.00 off the entire meal. Michelle chose the Lobster Macaroni & Cheese with Steak. For her two sides she ordered onion rings. I got a "Boston Blue Burger" with fries.

Michelle loved the Lobster Macaroni & Cheese and ate a few of the fries. One bite of the steak(?) and she pushed it to the side of her plate.

"I can't chew it," she said, "it's hard as shoe leather." About that time she noticed a dead palmetto bug in the overhead light at the table next to ours. (We brought it to the attention of our waitress who told us it would be cleaned immediately after we left.)

She offered me a bite and I agreed. But my hamburger was good. Plenty of stuff on it and really juicy. I think the burger might taste better without their house made sweet BBQ sauce My only complaint is that this place, like many others, thinks that it's "cool" to put all the "extras" underneath the hamburger. That's just not natural to me and I sometimes end up moving it to the top in a usually messy way. This time I just turned the burger over with the lid on the bottom. Still not natural.

                              
The fries were good and her onion rings bordered on excellent. The waitress was terrific and when we advised her of the steak problem she notified the manager who was quick to appease us by adjusting the check without hesitation and returning the coupon for us to use on the next visit.

Good food, excellent service, good customer relations would normally give this place four stars. Chewy steak and a visible dead bug knocks it down a notch but I still give it my recommendation. So go and visit and tell them you read it at http://www.whiteplatespecial.com/
Ruby Tuesdays Copy Cat Apple Pie Recipe

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...