Friday, March 25, 2011

Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza

"Our Pizza is Well Done," is what the motto says. But it could say "Our Pizza is Done Well!" Either way you slice it their pizza is a delight. Now me, I'm a thin, crispy crust pizza lovin' kind of guy. Even at the regular pizza joints I go to I always request thin and crispy. At Anthony's it's what they do best.

They have several South Florida locations and on this occasion we went to the Downtown Delray Beach location. We were a little surprised to find the place was packed even though we arrived at 8pm on a Monday night. After a short fifteen minute wait we were offered indoor or outdoor seating. We chose the indoor seating and gave a drink order as we checked out the menu.

I opted to order for the table and started with the classic Italian salad with Gorgonzola. Michelle ordered a large order of meatballs with ricotta cheese. Ilona, Steve, and I got a large Ron and Young Paul pizza with the roasted hot peppers on the side and I added a small order of Coal Oven Roasted Chicken Wings with caramelized onions and focaccia bread.

Ilona and I jumped into the salad as soon as it hit the table. It was a hit and in a few minutes the rest of our order arrived. Our server took the remaining salad and returned with it packaged and bagged for the trip home.

Our server plated some pizza slices and we all started to dig in. The on-the-side peppers looked like roasted slices of green bell pepper and Ilona took a big bite.

"WOWWW," she screamed, "Boy is that HOTTTTT!"

They were really extra hot peppers, so beware if you order the same thing. We ate about half the pizza and there were enough chicken wings for everyone to sample them. I had them wrap up the rest of the pizza and wings to take home and I thoroughly enjoyed them again the next day.

I have always had a good time since my cousin introduced me to this place bout a year ago. I have been back many times and recommend it any time the subject comes up. Along with the Delray Beach location, I have been to Anthony's in Pompano Beach, Ft. Lauderdale, and Aventura and the food and service was always top notch.

Anthony's gets my "highly recommended" award and I would appreciate it if you would mention my name when you go there: http://www.whiteplatespecial.com/
 Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza on Urbanspoon

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...