Saturday, March 19, 2011

Hot Dog Opolis

As the name implies....This is the Big City of Hot Dogs in Boca Raton. I've always searched for a place where I could get an "authentic" tasting Chicago Dog and now I've found it. This small place on Federal Highway in Boca churns out the best tasting dogs outside the Windy City. Vienna Beef dogs covered with all the correct ingredients, served on a super soft poppy seed bun.
Once I heard that this place had opened I told Michelle I wanted to drop in for a dog next time we were in the area. About a week later that opportunity arrived and I've been back a couple of times since.

It is a really tiny place, three or four tables and a small counter where a few more can sit. There are a couple of tables outside, but most of their customers are picking up orders "to go." While Michelle and I waited for our meal we watched the fast moving line of customers grow out the door. They serve all sorts of hot dogs and sausages and a few other items decorate their menu. But for me it's Chicago all the way.

Our Chicago Style hot dogs arrived along with a couple of orders of fries and our self serve drinks and we dug in. The dogs were PERFECT!  Built just right, all the right ingredients piled high on the soft poppy seed bun. My mouth was already salivating as I reached for it with both hands and slowly slipped one end into my mouth. I took a large bite and engulfed about a quarter of the dog. There's only three words to describe all the tastes bursting in my mouth at the same time: Dee Lish Us!

The fries were over-the-top. Some of the best I've ever had. I conveniently forgot to take a picture of the dogs before biting in so naturally I had to order another, just for the picture.

I Conveniently Forgot to Take a Picture of the First One
Now I have a place to go whenever I'm jonesing for that great Chicago taste. And I understand they're opening a place in Boynton, too. Next time you're in the neighborhood I think you would really enjoy a Chicago Dog at Hot Dog Opolis. Tell them you heard about it at http://www.whiteplatespecial.com/

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...