Saturday, March 26, 2011

Jersey Mike's Subs

Right now I claim to have three favorite sub places, LaSpada's, Lenny's, and Jersey Mike's. Lenny's and Jersey Mike's build very similar subs. All three make your sub as you stand in line. Slicing all the meats and cheese fresh; right before your eyes.

I like all three, but lately my pointer has been aimed at Jersey Mike's. There's just something in their sub that gets my taste buds jumping. My favorite at all three is the typical Italian sub. Large and on a white sub roll.

Italian sub purists will tell you that you NEVER put mayo on an Italian and I lived with that mantra for fifty years. Then one day, by accident, I bit into a sub that had some mayo and the flavor exploded in my mouth. Now I get it about half the time. Along with a little mustard, lettuce, tomato, onions, peppers, meat and cheese. Then topped off with some Italian seasoning, oil and vinegar.

The soft roll; the slight crunch of the veggies; the mixture of tastes rolling across my tongue all at the same time. Jersey Mike's makes a whole bunch of different subs but I almost always get the Italian. Just between you and me, I have been thinking about a ham and cheese...............

There are plenty of locations to go around all over the South Florida Scene, but if you're ever in the Woolbright Road location in Boynton, tell them http://www.whiteplatespecial.com/ sent you!

Jersey Mike's Subs on Urbanspoon

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...